Dr. Alejandro López is a dedicated bariatric surgeon who has performed more than 4,000 bariatric surgeries and is a pioneer in Mexico weight loss surgery, being one of the first Mexican doctors to perform Duodenal Switch with only one anastomosis. Dr. Alejandro López trained in his specialty both in the US at Cook Country Hospital in Chicago, IL and in Mexico at the IMSS. His extensive training in bariatric surgery includes gastric bypass, vertical sleeve gastrectomy, adjustable gastric band, duodenal switch and weight loss revision surgery. In addition to being an international leader in the field of bariatric medicine, Dr. López provides medical education and surgical training to other physicians interested in becoming specialized bariatric surgeons.
Dr. López currently operates ALO Bariatrics surgical weight loss centers in Puerto Vallarta, Guadalajara, and Tijuana.
- Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery (AMCE)
- International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders (IFSO)
- American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS)
- Mexican College of Surgery for Obesity and Metabolic Disorders (CMCOEM)
- Mexican Council of General Sugery (CMCG)